Friday, January 9, 2009

Reflections of a 2nd Year Soldier


In an inkling, i'm already one year past enlistment and now, its time to face the last 10 months of my tenure. Though the last 10 months of service feels like a long time, the past one year flew by more quickly than expected, and i guess the rest of you Jan guys feel the same. In the past one year, there were many transition phases that i went through and these certainly helped me mature as a person. I am more confident now to handle challenges with the experiences that i have gained as a trainee/commander. The regimentation in the army has also instilled an awareness of health within myself and now, more than often, i will motivate myself to run for extended periods. Running not only helps to take my mind of any matters in camp/home, the sweat and effort also keeps me very much alive as i enjoy the cool breeze along the way. If there was something that i could do for the rest of my life, this is it. Aside from fitness, the friendships that i've forged during coursetime/service were invaluable as these bonds help us remember that we're in this together and friends in need are friends in deed. Now i can look forward to ORD optimistically.
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. The most valuable thing that you have earned in your service term is me as your buddy =)

    ReplyDelete